ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Mathematics was started in our college way back in 1968 with the assistance of faculty members from Chennai. Taking into consideration, the need of the students and the employment pattern, the college has introduced B.Sc (M.P.Cs.) with computer science and B.Sc (M.E.Cs) with Electronics in 1991.This combination has succeeded in drawing the attention of the student community and is being taught very successfully.
Empowerement of women through quality and holistic education.
• Motivating students to pursue research programmes and to be placed in a better work environment apart from achieving academic excellence.
• Creating awareness among the students about various research programmes across the globe.
a) Research Fellowship. b) Other Funding Agencies.
• Counsel the students about various lucrative career opportunities and guide them to make good career choices according to their aptitude and academic potential.
• Make them socially relevant.
S.No. Name Qualification Designation Experience Areas of Specialisation 1 V. Sudha Devi M.Sc Lecturer 14y Functional Analysis, Real Analysis. 2 R. Tulasi M.Sc Lecturer 1y Basic and Applied Abstract Algebra. 3 P.B.L. Sirisha Devi M.Sc, M.Phil. Lecturer 3y Differential Equations, Operations Research. 4 V. Renuka M.Sc Lecturer 1y Differential Equations, Lattice Theory.
Mrs G.Usha Kumari, H.O.D.
Served the institution as the Vice principal for the Intermediate Sections from 2008 to 2011.
Served as N.S.S. programme officer from 2006-2008.
Dr.Sr. Kulrekha Mudartha:
Served as the Vice principal for the Intermediate Sections from 2006 -07.
Served the institution as Controller of Examinations from 2007-2009 and 2011-2013.
Serving as Principal of the college from 2013 onwards.
Submitted a UGC sponsored Minor Research Project on “A study of quasi- regularity and G-regularity in Gamma near- rings” in 03-03-2009.
Academic Audit Adviser, CCE.
Life member of Indian Mathematical Society, IMS .
Life member of Association for Improvement of Mathematical Education, AIMEd, Vijayawada, A.P.
Activities for the year 2016-17
Department has organized ‘Quiz competition and poster presentation competition’ for II B.Sc MPC, MPCS, MECS, MSCS, Students on 1.2.2016.
Quiz competition winners : II MSCS
Poster presentation competition winners :
M. Jemima Hadassa, IIMSc
R. Princy, II MPCS
G. Hemalatha, II MECS.
Department has organized NBHM sponsored Guest Lecture on ‘Symmetry through Geometry’ by Prof. Nalini Joshi, School of Mathematics and statistics, University of Sydney, Australia on 2.07.2016
Department has organized a two day National conference on “Emerging trends is Mathematics and Mathematical Education” sponsored by National Board for Higher Mathematics. On 17th & 18 th of Feb 2017.
Chief Guest of the Inaugural Session and key note address. Prof. Amarnath, University of Hyderabad.
Resource Persons are:
1. Prof. S. Kumaresan, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
2. Prof. Sk Dhani, IIT, Mumbai.
3. Prof. B. Sury, IIS, Bangalore
4. Prof. Geetha venkataraman, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, New Delhi
Activities for the year 2014-2015.
Department has organized one day seminar on History of Mathematics in association with ‘Association for improvement of Mathematics Education’ on 25.6.2014.
Resource persons are
1. Prof. A.V. Arunachalam, former vice chancellor, Dravidian University -Kuppam
2. Dr. P. Satyanarayana Sarma, Montessori Collage of Education.
3. Sri K. M Sastry, Rtd. Lecturer, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada.
4. Sri. N. Vijaya Prasad, Rtd. Principal, Govt. Arts College, Rajahmundry
Department has organized Quiz competition and poster presentation competition for II B.Sc, MPC, MPCS, MECS & MSCS Students on 19.11.2014.
Quiz competition winners : II MSCS
Poster Presentation competition winners
1. P. Lakshmi Saranya
3. JTL Hanisha.
Department has organized Two day National conference on “women in Mathematics with special reference to Lelavati” sponsored by Department of science and technology, New Delhi on 20&21st February 2015.
Chief Guest for inaugural session:
Prof G. Sarojamma, former VC,SPMVV, Tirupathi.
Resource persons are:
1. Prof. Geetha Venkataraman, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University , Delhi.
2. Prof . B. Maheswari , SPMVV, TPT
3. Prof. P.V.Arunachalam, former vice chancellor, Dravidian University -Kuppam
4. Prof. Sirbala, Indian Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
5. Prof.V.Swaminathan,Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai..
Department has organized Two day National seminar and Mathematics Expo on ‘Mathematics and literature’, in collaboration with Association for Improvement of Mathematics Education.
1.Prof. PV Aurnachalam, former VC Dravidian University, Kuppam
2. Prof B. Maheswari SPMVU, TPT.