V. SATYA SUDHA Eng Dept
• Completed 33 years of service
• Awarded M.Phil, Andhra University – 2004
• Awarded PhD, Andhra University – 2014
• CHIEF – Board of Intermediate Education - 2003
• Dean of Humanities, 2012-16.
• Member of Academic Council,
• Nodal Officer for Government HIV/AIDS programme - Colleges Talk AIDS
• Evaluator, Teachers’ performance, NSM Public School.
• External for project viva-voce at Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada.
• Lecture on Empowerment of Women, at Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada.
• Trained Counsellor,
• Member of English Literary club,
• Coordinator of Cultural week
• Editor of College Magazine,
• Member of Discipline Committee
• Member of BOS, Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada.
• Trained as Academic Advisors by CCE at PR Govt Degree College, Kakinada, on 19.9.14.
• Conducted Academic Audit in 5 colleges, Oct to Dec’14
• Organised IQAC Workshop,
• Conducted Academic Audit in SVL Kranthi Degree College, Avanigadda, on 2-1-2015 & 3-1-2015.
• Presented a paper on “A Study of Dalit Theatre Activity and Art Forms with Particular Reference to the Portrayal of their Women in Select Plays,” in the International Conference on “The Challenges of Moving Ahead: From Deprival to Dignity of Dalits” held at St. Theresa’s College for Women, Eluru, on 6th, 7th, & 8th Nov, 2014.
• Presented a paper titled “Telugulo Dalita Streevada Vachana Kavitvam: Oka Pariseelana” in the UGC Sponsored Two Day National Seminar on “Telugu Rachaitrulu – Samakaleena Rajakeeya Sahitya Dhoranulu” at Maris Stella College on Jan 8th & 9th, 2015.
• Participated in the UGC sponsored IQAC National Seminar on “Quality enhancement – Role of higher Education Leadership in Preparing Next Generation Leaders Towards Institutional Development” on 6th and 7th February 2015, at St. Francis College for Women, Hyderabad.
• Presented a paper titled “Poile Sengupta – A Study of her plays Mangalam and Inner laws” in the UGC Sponsored Two Day National Seminar on “New Directions in English Language & Literature” organised by the Department of English, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, on 13th &14th Feb, 2015.
2015 - 2016
1. Dalit Theatre and Art Forms as Potent Modes of Communication and Assertion. Paper presented in the UGC Sponsored Global Conference organized by the Dept of English, Acharya Nagarjuna University from 14th to 16th 2015, on Celebrating the Ancient/Contemporary Wisdom of the Fourth World(Natives, Aboriginals, Dalits)
2. Felicitated by the Brahmakumari Eswariya Visvavidyalaya on Sep 5th, 2015.
3. Member, Board of Studies – Dept of English, Andhra Loyola College, Vja, March 2016.
4. Member, Academic Council, Maris Stella College, March.
5. Conducted Annual Academic Audit in Andhra Loyola College, and at Attili,
1. Member, Discipline Committee.
2. Editor, College Magazine for 2016-17.
3. On the Panel of editors of “The Quest,” A Major Indian peer-reviewed Journal.
4. On the Board of editors of the book, “New Directions in Post-Colonial Literature.” Prestige Books International, New Delhi: 2016. ISBN – 978-93-82186-99-1.
5. Member, Board of Studies – Andhra Loyola College, Vijayawada and PG Dept of English, Gitam University, Visakhapatnam.
6. Coordinator – “Sparklit2k17” – Jan 17th, 2017.
7. Treasurer – National Seminar on “World Literatures in Translation” organised on Jan 18th, 2017.
8. Presented a paper on The Use of ICT in English Language Teaching, at SRR & CVR Govt Degree College, Vja, in the UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Challenges in Teaching Language”, organised by the Dept of Languages on 25.7.16.
9. Attended a One Day Regional Awareness Workshop on “New Curriculum for General English & Communication & Soft Skills” jointly organised by the Dept of English, Krishna University and KBN College, Vja on 6th Aug, 2016.
10. Presented a paper on Reflections on Multiculturalism in Indian Women’s Drama and Theatre in English, at JKC College, Guntur, in the National Seminar on “Multiculturalism, Human Values, Language and Literature,” organised by the Dept of English and GIEWEC on 11th & 12th Nov 2016.
11. Presented a paper on Ambedkar’s Influence on Indian Drama in English in the National Seminar on “Impact of Ambedkarism on Indian Reality,” organised by the Depts of Arts and Languages, Andhra Loyola College, Vja, in collaboration with ICSSR, ICHR & ICPR, New Delhi, on 3rd & 4th Dec 2016.
12. Presented a translation of a short story by Dr. M. Sridhar, Papa Bhayam titled as Conscience, at the National Seminar on World Literatures in Translation, organised by the Dept of English, MSC, on 18-1-17.
• Edited College Magazine
• NAAC Coordinator
1. Presented a paper titled, “Mallika Sarabhai’s Dance Ballet ‘Sita’s Daughters’: A Synthesis of Myth, fairy-tale and Reality of Indian Feminism” at the National seminar organised by VKR College, Buddhavaram in collaboration with ICIIR, Mysore on 5th &6th Aug, 2017.
1. “Violence against Women: A Study of the Plays f Dina Mehta” published in the book, Indian English Drama A Critical Exploration, Ed. Dr. Meenu Dubey & Dr. Amar Nath Prasad. Sunrise Publishers & Distributors, Jaipur: 2012. ISBN : 978-93-80207-17-9.
2. “The Woman Question Redefined: A Comparative Study of Karnad’s Nagamandala and Dattani’s Bravely Fought the Queen.” Published in Veda’s Journal of English Language and Literature. Vol II, Issue 4, Oct-Dec, 2015. Impact Factor:
3.079. ISSN : 2349 – 9743 (An open Access International Journal) 3. Joint paper on “Telugulo Dalita Streevada Vachana Kavitvam: Oka Pariseelana” in Mahila Sahitya Vikasam, Ed. Dr. P. Usha. Maris Stella College, Vijayawada. March 2015. ISBN : 978-81-930837-1-0
4. “Lights Out: A Prognostication of Surging Inhumanism.” Published in The Quest, Vol 29, Number 2, Dec 2015. A Major Peer Reviewed Literary Journal. ISSN 0971 – 2321.
5. “The Bilingual Dilemma: Post Colonial Indian Writing in English.” in the book, New Directions in Post-Colonial Literature. Prestige Books International, New Delhi: 2016. ISBN – 978-93-82186-99-1.
6. “Dalit Theatre and the Portrayal of their Women in Select Plays” in Research Scholar, an International Refereed Journal of Literary Explorations. Vol 4, Issue IV, Nov 2016. ISSN 2320-6101. IF 0.998(IIFS)
7. Translation of a short story by Dr. M. Sridhar, Papa Bhayam titled as “Conscience”, Veda’s Journal of English Language and Literature - Online Journal, Vol IV, Spl Issue, Jan 2017. ISSN:2349-9753. IF:3.079
8. Translation of a short story by Dr. M. Sridhar, Papa Bhayam titled as “Conscience,” in the book titled World Literatures in English Translation. 2017. Ed. Dr. K. Sandhya. ISBN: 978-81-933199-5-6, IF: 3.079.
9. “Mahasweta Devi’s play Water: An Eco-sensitive Rendering,” (Pp- 41-45) published in the Peer Reviewed Literary Journal, The Quest. Vol 30, No 2. Dec 2016. ISSN: 0971-232.
10. “Impact of Ambedkarism on Indian Reality” published in the book Ambedkar’s Influence on Indian Drama in English, 2017. ISBN:978-93-82186-99-2
11. “Mallika Sarabhai’s Dance Ballet ‘Sita’s Daughters’: A Synthesis of Myth, fairy-tale and Reality of Indian Feminism” in the International Telugu Literary & Cultural Monthly Journal Bhava Veena, Vol 13, Issue No. 8, Aug 2017. ISSN: 2456-4702.