ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Social Work was established in the year of 1972.
Social work is a professional course where young graduates can get employability in Non government organizations and other welfare organisations. Social Work has also much scope for employability in the government and in the private sector. Students who have completed their UG course have gone for higher studies and taken up careers in different fields. Many stdents are working in national and international agencies, medical and psychiatric settings and educational institutions. Many of our old students are well placed in different countries and contributing to the development of the people.
To develop competent, qualified, professional social workers.
OBJECTIVES OF SOCIAL WORK
• To impart theoretical knowledge to students on social work subjects
• To train qualified and professional social workers
• To train students deal with various social problems
• To study and conduct research regarding social issues
• To co-ordinate and promote social work activities
• To offer consultancy and assistance to organizations
• To organize and attend seminars, workshops and study tours
• To collaborate with the non-governmental organizations and their activities
B.A. Social Work
S.No. Name Qualification Designation Experience Specialization 1 Dr. Sr. Lovely Jacob M.S.W., M.Phil, Ph.D., S.L.E.T Lecturer & HOD 19y Community Development
CURRICULUM OF SOCIAL WORK
Social work programme has multi-disciplinary approach. We offer the following papers in B.A social work degree programme
• Social Work Profession, Philosophy and Concepts
• Social Psychology, Methods of Social Work
• Social Work Research,Women and Child Development
• Criminology and Corrrectional Administration
• NGO Management, Social Problems and Social Legislation
• Medical and Psychiatric Social Work
FIELD WORK PRACTICUM
• Concurrent field work,Block placement,Rural camps and Study tours
Because of its unique academic nature the young graduates are encouraged to take up their career in different fields depending on their aptitude.
About 13 agencies participated in the programme in the college. They displayed and sold their products in the campus for two days. The children also staged their scintillating talents in the inaugural as well as at the valedictory function. It was a joyful occasion. Through the exhibition they raised Rs. 68,423 and were happy to be involved in such creative activities.
Literacy programme for school dropout children at Autonagar from June 2015-March 2016
This programme helped many children to enroll themselves in schools and realized the importance o education.
Children who are regular in attending school after Social Work intervention
Rural camp to Warangal on 16th -18th January 2016 Interaction with the women of self-help group
Interacting with the students at Child Aid Foundation on 14th November 2016
Interaction with the mentally challenged children at Sai Prema on 20th January 2017
Interaction with boys at SKCV Children’s Trust on 28th January 2017
Department of social work has well qualified lectures with many years of experience. Department is well furnished with internet connections, departmental library with more than 800 books, teaching learning materials, documentations on various topics, research articles and books on SPSS( Statistical package or social sciences). There about 200 audio visual CDs or the reference or the students. The department of is looking forward to offer online courses for the betterment of students and for the general public.