About the committee:
The Anti-Ragging Cell functions as a supervisory and advisory body in preserving a Ragging-Free environment on the college campus.
Acts considered to be ragging:
As per the order of Supreme Court of India and subsequent Notification from University Grants Commission (UGC), ragging constitutes one or more of any intention by any student or group of students on:
- Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
- Any act that Prevents, Disrupts the Regular Academic Activity.
- Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, hardship, Psychological Harm or creates Fear or Apprehension.
- Any Act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
- Any Act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or danger to Health.
- Any Act of abuse by spoken words, emails, SMS or public insult etc.
- Any Act of injury or infringement of the fundamental right to human dignity.
- Any Act of Wrongful Confinement, Kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences, use of criminal forces, trespass or intimidation.
- Any unlawful assembly or conspiracy to ragging.
Punishment to those found guilty
Any student or group of students found guilty of ragging in the campus or even outside the campus shall be liable to one or more of the following punishments
- Debarring from appearing in any internal test / University Examination
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges
- Withdrawing scholarships and other benefits
- Suspension from the college
- Cancellation of the admission
- Withholding the results.
The main objectives of this cell are:
- To create awareness among the students about the dehumanizing effect of ragging and its consequences.
- To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging in order to prevent its occurrence and recurrence.
- To deal, promptly and stringently, with incidents of ragging brought to its notice.
- To generate an atmosphere of discipline free of the fear of ragging.
- To impress upon students that no act of ragging shall be tolerated and perpetrators will be liable for punishment..
The strategies of this cell are:
- Displaying the charts and other material stating student’s discipline, evil nature, punishment of Ragging.
- Creation of a cordial and free atmosphere.
- Involving seniors and freshers jointly in value based cultural and other activities.
- Entrusting the responsibilities jointly to a team of students.
- Inter-action and casual warning.
- Ensuring the spot solutions by adapting soft measures.
- In case of a crucial situation, reporting to the nearest police station.
The benefits of this cell are:
- Students live free of fear in a ragging free atmosphere
- Students feel cordial, safe and secured and a harmonious state on campus
- Involving seniors and freshers in an activity narrows down the gap between them and they execute their responsibility effectively.
Composition of the Cell
- Principal, Chairperson
- Dean, Planning and Communication
- Vice Principals
- Member Coordinator
- Deans of Student Affairs
- One faculty member
- Two Student representatives