The Maris Stella College Library is located in the centre of the campus with two separate blocks for degree and P.G courses with a collection of more than 99,000 books. The library is fully automated with a wide collection which includes latest books, journals, periodicals, CDs & DVDs. This collection is updated every year. The UG and PG libraries are both under the supervision of professional librarians. The open access system is followed to enable students to select books of their choice.
The library is fully automated. Library operations are maintained with one server with four client systems. Systems are arranged in the library with internet connection for the users to browse OPAC and other e-resources. OPAC is available throughout the campus in intranet. All the semester end question papers are digitized and are available in OPAC.
www.marisstella.ac.in/library.htm provides all the information regarding library collection and services. It also provides links to free e-resources and helps users to make use of free e-resources.
- Every student is required to attend an orientation program ‘Know Your Library’ immediately after
- The entire library collection has been automated with barcode Students and staff are provided with bar-coded library ID cards for the circulation of books.
- The top five students in each class are allowed to borrow two extra books in recognition of their good performance.
- Books for preparation for competitive examinations are available in a separate wing in the reference section. The latest books are added every year.
Library Working Hours
Monday to Friday : 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Saturday : 8.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
The library is closed on Sunday and on all public holidays.
- No printed matter or ﬁles are allowed inside the
- Strict silence should be maintained in the library and no combined study or group discussion is permitted in the
- Dictionaries, reference books etc. are to be used within the library
- Periodicals placed on the magazine racks should not be mishandled.
- Books must not be marked or defaced in any
- Students should examine each book before borrowing and immediately report any damage to the Should they fail to do so, they will be held responsible for any damage detected after their use of the book.
- Readers shall replace any book or library property damaged by them.
- Barcode, spine and date labels inside the back cover of each book shall not be tampered with. Serious action will be taken for any violation of this
- No Transfer Certiﬁcate or Conduct Certiﬁcate shall be issued to a student until borrowed books have been returned and any dues outstanding against the student
- To assist them in ﬁnding books, students are advised to search through the computer catalogue (OPAC).
- No book will be issued or taken back unless the student produces her identity
- Books may be borrowed for a week, renewed if there are no requests for them. They may not be renewed more than three consecutive Books not available at the time of application may be reserved.
- A ﬁne of Rs.5/- is imposed for each day for overdue books.
- A member against whom any ﬁne or other charge is outstanding shall not be allowed to take back her card or to borrow until she has paid the amount
- All books must be returned to the library on the date announced before the end of the last semester after which no book will be
- Exchange of library ID cards is not
The purpose of the book bank is to provide text books to economically disadvantaged and deserving students. Books will be issued on loan to such students for one academic year. Current text books on all subjects are available on loan.
A student borrowing books from the book bank shall be fully responsible for their safe custody. The books should not be marked, written upon or damaged. In the event of any damage or loss, she shall replace it with a new copy of the book or pay such compensation as may be decided by the principal. The borrowers are not allowed to sub lend the books.
All books on loan must be returned at the end of each semester. If the books are not returned in time, the student will not be eligible to borrow books in future.
Original certiﬁcates will be issued only on the production of a clearance certiﬁcate from the librarian. The librarian may recall any book at any time even if the normal period of loan has not expired.