ALUMNIThe Alumnae of Maris Stella are spread far and wide in responsible positions and contributing their part to the society upholding the ideals and the values of the College. MSAA (Maris Stella Alumnae Association) has been growing from strength to strength since the inception of the institution. The members meet at least once a year. These social gatherings are intended to reunite past students to renew their former friendship. The alumnae association also extends its services in the eﬃ cient functioning of the college through
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To foster friendly and cordial relationship among the Ex-students and, for their beloved Alma Mater.
- To strengthen the members of the Association with the ideals and values acquired at Maris Stella College, Vijayawada, so as to make them useful agents of ulansformation wherever they are and across the broad speculum of the society
- To purse activities which facilitate the transmission of Spiritual, human Values, Character Building and respect for Indian Culture & uladition.
- The activities and projects of the Association include all sections of society irrespective of the religion/race/caste/creed, specially the deserving and needy members of the public.
- To undertake projects to support the disadvantaged and under privileged sections of the society within the college.
- The association shall carry out its activities in different zones within the state of Andhra Pradesh and in the counuly. The former students staying out side of the counuly shall support the activities of different zones through the main zone.
- Train students in portfolio management, event management and other such management programs
- Initiate Entrepreneurial Development programme
- Promote skill development activities like Photography/ video, Journalism, Lab Technician, Tailoring and Embroidery, Beautician etc.
- Encourage communication skills, soft skills, Art of living-YES Plus programme
- Organize medical camps, legal awareness, health and hygiene for the general public and for students
- Awareness session to the members on women’s rights, human trafficking, consumer protection, right to information, right to education, social responsibility, civil society, neighborhood committees, responsible citizenship etc.
- Provide scholarships, uniforms and midday meals to the economically poor students
- Encourage sports related activities